Padres Weekly Preview: Tough Homestand Ahead
Mandatory Credit: Matt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports
A week that the Padres wish they could forget last week, I wish I could say I see better things ahead for the Padres. However, that might have to wait until next week when they get the teams trailing them in the standings in Colorado and Arizona. This week though?
I see them only winning 1 of 3 against the Brew Crew, as I think the Brewers will scratch out enough offense for their studs in Lohse and Gallardo, with Tyson Ross winning game 2 of the series against the rookie.
After an off day Thursday, the Dodgers come to town and barring Yasiel Puig hurting himself playing in the center field sandbox pre-game, should make Petco Park look significantly smaller. He can track balls down and though makes them an adventure, usually gets the job done. And if he doesn’t , his arm can help him redeem other defensive mistakes.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
I think the Dodgers finish August strong with a weekend sweep of the Padres, who all of a sudden will have only won 3 games in two weeks after a great start to the second half.