Mandatory Credit: Matt Kartozian-USA TODAY Sports
The Padres got the win on Sunday to salvage a game in the series and avoid the sweep. Once again, the Padres have a hard time with the Diamondbacks, who, for nearly the entire season, have been lower than San Diego in the standings. The Padres are now 4-11 in 5 series against Arizona this year. The Friars are still firmly in third place. There is plenty of space between them on both ends of the division. They are 6 games ahead of Arizona and 8 ahead of Colorado. They still are 12.5 games back of the first place Dodgers and have fallen to 8 games back of a wild card spot. They end the road trip 3-7. The Padres head back home after a challenging road trip. They are nine games below .500 and come home to face one of the best teams in baseball, the Brewers.
More from Padres News
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
- Padres got steal with Xander Bogaerts after Carlos Correa’s mega-deal