Padres Call Up Frank Garces, Option Jesse Hahn
By Tim Richer
Today the Padres announced that they have called up LHP Frank Garces from Double-A San Antonio. To clear a spot on the 40-man roster the team designated Brooks Conrad for assignment and to clear a spot on the 25-man roster, they optioned Jesse Hahn to Double-A.
Garces converted full time to a reliver in 2014. After making 26 starts last season, he has made all 47 of his appearances this year out of the ‘pen. In his new role, he’s been very successful. Despite a 2-5 record, he’s posted a 2.07 ERA while striking out 10.77 per 9 and holding batters to a .199 batting average.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster