Aug 3, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Padres shortstopAlexi Amarista
(5) reacts after being driven in by shortstopEverth Cabrera
(not pictured) to win the game 4-3 in ten innings against the Atlanta Braves at Petco Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Predictions: Padres Win 5-2
I believe that tonight is the night the curse will be lifted. No longer will the Padres be held down by Ron Gardenhire and the Twins. Phil Hughes numbers are trending in a bad direction while Hahn’s are trending in a great direction. Logically if we take recent success it’ll be a slam dunk. Of course that’s not always the case, but I’d say it’s a sound bet with how this team has been playing.
More from Padres News
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
- Padres got steal with Xander Bogaerts after Carlos Correa’s mega-deal
One streak that I guarantee will end tonight is their walk off streak. The Padres walked off on their final two wins on their home stand, but of course on the road it cannot continue. Now if they’re in yet another close game they’ll have to play their cards a bit differently. The way they manage the pen, and how they’ll choose to move up runners will be affected.
As long as the timely hits keep on coming and the pitching stays great, the Padres win streak will stay alive. First pitch is at 5:10 PDT.