Breaking News: Padres Hire A.J. Preller As New GM
By Billy Brost
According to a Tweet by Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the San Diego Padres have chosen Texas Rangers’ candidate A.J. Preller as the new general manager of the team.
Preller, was a finalist for the job, along with New York Yankees’ assistant GM Billy Eppler, Boston Red Sox’ assistant GM Mike Hazen, and MLB VP Kim Ng, who had also served with both the Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers in the Assistant GM’s role. Preller takes over a team that traded some of their stars away, but received solid returns on each of their deals. Earlier today, it was announced that interim GM A.J. Hinch would be leaving the organization.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster