J-E-D-D, Jedd Jedd Jedd!
The Padres are on a bit of a hot streak, and Jedd Gyorko’s return from the DL has not gone unnoticed. In his first four games back, Gyorko is 7-for-14 with two long balls and six RBI.
More from Padres News
- Jurickson Profar free agency update likely rules out Padres reunion
- Fernando Tatis Jr. may not take to outfield move after Xander Bogaerts addition
- Padres News: Fernando Tatis Jr. trade rumors, Seth Lugo chase, Manny Machado
- Padres barely missed out on high-end veteran starting pitcher
- This veteran DH target seems ideal for contending Padres roster
Black said, “The bat through the zone is on time. That allows him to square up balls and hit them hard.”
Gyorko doesn’t look like the most intimidating batter until you see him bring the barrel of the bat through the zone. He is a power hitter, and the old saying, “He can hit the ball a country mile,” applies to the 5’ 10”, 210 lb. slugger from West Virginia.
Another player who is rediscovering his power stroke is outfielder Will Venable. In 42 at-bats since the All-Star Break, Venable has three home runs and eight RBI compared to two home runs and fourteen RBI in 249 at-bats before the break.
If Venable and Gyorko can continue their recent power surges, then the Padres will have an excellent opportunity to finish the season at .500.
Please follow Friars on Base on Twitter @FriarsOnBase.