We have reached the end of 2014. While the 2014 season wasn’t exactly the best for the San Diego Padres, the off-season certainly has been interesting and entertaining. A.J. Preller has certainly brought new life into the organization. What does 2015 hold in store for the Padres? I’m going to look into my crystal ball with 10 bold predictions for the Padres season.
2. Justin Upton is re-signed to a big six year extension before the end of Spring Training
3. Hamels leads the team with 18 wins
6. Takashi Toritani signs before January 15th and hits .280 out of the lead-off spot
8. Matt Kemp plays in 130 games and after struggling until Memorial Day, catches fire and hits 25 homers
9. Joaquin Benoit leads the NL in saves
10. The Padres finish with 85 wins and miss the playoffs
Those are my predictions for 2015. What are some of yours? Leave them at the bottom and happy new year!