The Arizona Fall League isn’t the end all be all when it comes to baseball. However, when you have a player playing the way Padres outfield Prospect Hunter Renfroe is playing right now, you have to be excited about his chances.
More from Padres Prospects
- Padres’ top prospect tearing up AFL after injury-riddled 2022
- An updated look at the San Diego Padres’ farm system ranking
- 2 Padres rookies who could be on the move in potential Juan Soto trade
- San Diego Padres prospects to watch at the MLB trade deadline
- Fans, experts giddy at Padres taking Dylan Lesko in MLB draft
The former first round pick had a fantastic week and was rewarded for it by being named AFL player of the week. Renfroe hit .333 with three homers, 11 RBI, two doubles and scored six times in five games during the week. He had two five RBI games during the week that was as well.
Here’s what he said to MLB.com:
"“I am seeing the ball well right now,” Renfroe said. “I am barreling the pitchers up, and when you do that, good stuff happens.“It’s been a pretty good experience being out here with these guys from different parts of the country, different organizations.”"
The Padres aren’t going to usually get the big name free agent bats to come to Petco, so it’s important to develop their own. The hope is that Renfroe continues to develop and become that big outfield bat that the Padres need in the future. He is currently MLB.com’s 71st overall prospect and fourth on the Padres list.