Keep An Eye On Hunter Renfroe In The Arizona Fall League
By Jason Evans
The Arizona Fall League is the place where elite prospects can show their stuff against other elite prosepcts. Guys like Mike Trout, Albert Pujols, Bryce Harper and Andrew McCutchen have all played in this showcase league in past years. If Hunter Renfroe can approach this, I’m sure the San Diego Padres will be quite happy.
Renfroe participated in the hitter’s challenge in the Arizona Fall League on Friday night, and beat all of his NL prospect counterparts.
More from Padres Prospects
- Padres’ top prospect tearing up AFL after injury-riddled 2022
- An updated look at the San Diego Padres’ farm system ranking
- 2 Padres rookies who could be on the move in potential Juan Soto trade
- San Diego Padres prospects to watch at the MLB trade deadline
- Fans, experts giddy at Padres taking Dylan Lesko in MLB draft
Renfroe made it to Double-A this past season, playing in 60 games and hitting .232 with five homers. He is just 22-years-old.
Here is some video of Renfroe’s performance this past Friday:
Renfroe is #71 on the MLB.com top 100 prospect list, and fourth on the team list. He joinsRymer Liriano
as the Padres’ two top outfield prospects, though Renfroe probably won’t be in the major leagues until late 2015 or 2016 at the earliest.
As you keep track of Padres prospects this off-season, keep an eye on the slugging outfielder.