Cabrera will hopefully return to the lineup soon. Mandatory Credit: Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports
Hey, Friars Fans!
Would you like to start your days than with a daily roundup of some of the most interesting, important, and breaking Padres-themed news stories from around the web?
Well beginning today, I will do my best to bring you a “Daily Roundup” to quench your thirsts for the latest information about the San Diego Padres:
- Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune highlighted some important Friar-related injury news. Center mentioned that rookie Jedd Gyorko is set to return from the Disabled List on Tuesday. In addition to Gyorko, Everth Cabrera and Yonder Alonso are also set to come back around the first week of July.
- On Padres.com, Corey Brock and Jamal Collier mentioned the progress Tyson Ross has made in the Friars’ bullpen. Ross, who was originally the team’s fifth starter this year, has been improving in a long-relief role since he came back from the shoulder injury he sustained earlier in the season. Brock also mentions how Ross is retooling his swing too. I for one am happy to hear this, especially since Tyson injured his shoulder after he recorded a hit earlier in the year against the Dodgers.
- Steve Adams (with an assist from Chris Cotillo) of MLB Trade Rumors reported (via Rich Dubroff of CSNBaltimore.com) that the Padres traded cash to the Orioles for catcher Chris Robinson. The 29 year-old catcher is set to report to Triple-A Tucson.
- Anthony Witrado of The Sporting News discussed “Unwritten Rules” in Major League Baseball after what happened between Jesus Guzman and Madison Bumgarner on Wednesday afternoon.
- Scott Miller of CBSSports.com wrote a terrific article on how the Padres are one of the league’s most pleasant surprises so far this year.
There you have it Friars fans. I hope you enjoyed the “Roundup,” and I will be back with another installment tomorrow.
Follow me on Twitter: @DominicDiTolla
Like “Chicken Friars” on Facebook: Chicken Friars