As Major League Baseball players are making millions of dollars in free agency and through contract extensions, the common man like you and I are struggling to make ends meet. I know this is some sort of political statement, but it’s the truth.
That being said, I’ve decided to post a job listing I found on the Padres’ job board. I just want to help my fellow Padres fans find a job, and what better job for them to have than to work for the Padres?
The job I found is for an Inside Sales Representative.
To apply for this job, click here.
Here is more information regarding the Inside Sales Representative position:
If you are an individual seeking the first step in your sports career and are seeking a tremendous career opportunity, the San Diego Padres have an open door. This is an entry-level position focused on selling premium inventory for the San Diego Padres, while also focusing on selling season tickets, group tickets, and suites via the phone and face-to-face presentations. Throughout the program, the individual will be responsible for an individual quota and top performers will be considered for growth opportunities within the San Diego Padres organization. As a whole, the Inside Sales department acts as a talent pipeline to other sales positions, as career growth is the main objective of the program.
• Reports daily to the Inside Sales Manager
• Makes 80-100 telephone sales calls per shift from provided lists to set up appointments with leads in order to sell Padres season tickets, group tickets and suites
• Provides top notch customer service to callers from our main ticket line as well as maximizes sales from this source
• Represents the Padres in the most positive way on game days when interacting with clients and prospects at Padres sales tables or at their seats
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Inside Sales Manager.
A strong desire to start a career with a team that has ample opportunity for growth. Must possess a strong commitment to the sports industry, a passion for sales, a strong work ethic, competitiveness, a positive team first attitude, and a thirst to learn. Individuals must be self-starters. Individuals must also possess a bachelor’s degree, be comfortable making cold calls, and have appropriate computer efficiency.
The San Diego Padres is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: Do you have a Bachelor’s degree?
2. Yes/No: Do you have at least 1 year working in sales and/or customer service?
3. Yes/No: Do you have prior experience working in sports?
4. Yes/No: Do you speak and write fluent Spanish?
5. Yes/No: Are you available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed?