Here is the “Daily Roundup,” Friars fans:
- Will teams target Chase Headley at the trade deadline? Chris Eder of “It’s About the Money” certainly seems to agree with that idea. Eder explained why the Yankees would be a good fit for San Diego’s third baseman.
- The Padres’ (and Mariners’) spring training facility in Peoria, AZ is undergoing significant renovations. Both franchises have shared the sports complex since 1994, and both have signed a lease to stay at their Peoria complex for 20 more years (beginning in 2014). Chris Jenkins of the San Diego Union-Tribune discussed the renovating process and the Padres’ first 20 seasons in Peoria in a recent article.
- Aaron Gleeman of NBC’s “Hardball Talk” reported that the Kansas City Royals claimed infielder Pedro Ciriaco off of waivers yesterday. Ciriaco, formerly of the Padres, was released by the club earlier this month.
- Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com wrote a terrific piece on Everth Cabrera and his road to becoming an All-Star. Gonzalez highlighted how much Cabrera has worked to improve over his career, particularly during the last couple of years.
- Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune shared his thoughts on Tom Garfinkel’s recent resignation.
Follow me on Twitter: @DominicDiTolla
Like “Chicken Friars” on Facebook: Chicken Friars