Here is your “Daily Padres Roundup:”
- 2013 has been quite the season of rookie debuts. Although he has not received much publicity, Jedd Gyorko nevertheless ranked third (behind Shelby Miller and Evan Gattis) on Jeff Sanders’ list of his Top 10 National League rookies. The San Diego Union-Tribune writer highlighted how Gyorko’s WAR ranked third among NL second basemen.
- Corey Brock of Padres.com reported that Clayton Richard, who left his start yesterday after only two pitches, is headed to the disabled list because of a left shoulder injury.
- Brock and Jamal Collier discussed the importance of Pedro Ciriaco and and him filling in while San Diego’s starting middle infielders are on the disabled list.
- July 4th is the deadline for you fans to vote for the National & American League All-Star Teams. With that in mind, here is the link on MLB.com for you Friars fans to vote for your favorite players.
- Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports moved the Padres up to #13 overall in his MLB Power Rankings this week.
That’s all for today, Friars fans. Check back tomorrow for more morning updates!
Follow me on Twitter: @DominicDiTolla
Like “Chicken Friars” on Facebook: Chicken Friars