Ever since news broke that John Moores was again putting up the “for sale” sign on the San Diego Padres, there has been a whirlwind of speculation of potential buyers.
Moores’ attempt to sell the Padres the first time to former MLB player agent, Jeff Moorad, was denied when the very tight brotherhood of baseball owners and extremely harsh politics did not approve the sale, causing Moores to sell again.
High-profile names like Mark Cuban and Steve Garvey have been rumored to be purchasing the Padres.
The recent $2 billion purchase of the Los Angeles Dodgers by a group led by NBA legend and entrepreneur Ervin “Magic” Johnson has Padre fans demanding that the team counter with its own big-name celebrity owner.
Here is my list of potential celebrity buyers, who all have San Diego roots. However, I’m not quite sure any of them has the money to buy the Padres:
- Kendra Wilkinson-If the Padres were to win a World Series under her watch, the ex-girlfriend of Hue Hefner could throw the wildest celebratory parade in the Playboy Mansion.
- Tony Hawk-Could turn the Park at the Park into a skate park, so when the Padres get blown out, there will be other means of entertainment.
- Mario Lopez –Could attract more female fans with his photo on billboards across the county.
- RuPaul- Could have team ditch uniforms altogether and have players take the field in drag.
- Nick Cannon- His wife, Mariah Carey, could sing the National Anthem at all home games.
- Bill Walton- NBA Legend is our answer to Magic Johnson
- Reggie Bush- Could illegally draft the best high school kids by showering them with lavish gifts.
Let us know in the comment box below which celebrity owner would you like to see own the ball club?
Tags: Bill Walton Featured Jeff Moorad John Moores Kendra Wilkinson Los Angeles Dodgers Magic Johnson Major League Baseball Mario Lopez Nick Cannon Owners Padres Padres Owners Popular Reggie Bush RuPaul San Diego Padres Tony Hawk