San Diego Padres 1 – St. Louis Cardinals 3
Another night at PETCO and the same old Padres result. The Padres lost their 4th straight game at home and were held to one run on the night. Dustin Moseley pitched well in the start going 7 innings and only giving up one run, but was only able to get one run from his offense.
Heath Bell came into the game in the ninth inning to try and hold it for a possible walk off victory, but he could not hold the tie. He gave up a couple of runs in the ninth inning and takes the loss.
Just another night at PETCO Park.
– Albert Pujols ended a homerless drought at 105 at-bats with a solo shot to left.
– Pujols HR was his first since April 23rd (105 AB’s).
– Dustin Moseley’s line for the night: 7 innings, 5 hits, 1 earned run, 3 walks, 3 strikeouts.
– Pujols called out on strikes by Jim Joyce, Tony La Russa tossed in the 8th inning.
– Padres have scored 7 runs in the last 7 games